Tuesday, April 12, 2011

iPod Tripod

Okay, so this is actually an iPhone not at iPod, but "iPod Tripod" just rolls off the tongue better. Yeah? Yeah. Now that we have that out of the way let me just say, I can be a tad lazy when it comes to projects. I like to take shortcuts. I am not always precise. Sometimes I'm downright sloppy. This was one of those times, but I'm still pleased with the result.

How to Construct your very own iPod Tripod

Supplies:

1) My old gorillapod tripod purchased at Best Buy, 2) Hot glue gun, or any strong adhesive really 3) Scissors (I really hope you know what those are, or your crafting future may be doomed) 4) Old and moldy iPhone connector USB connector cable thingy 5) Your iPhone/iPod with lots of photography apps!


Take your old barely working cable you were ready to throw out anyway...



...and hack the top right off.

Take said top, and glue that shit right onto the front of your tripod.

Ta-Dah!



Now test it out! Works like a dream.



You're so impressed with my skills, right? In reality I was just trying to find a good use for this tripod since it doesn't seem to have the ability to hold the weight of my "real" (35mm) camera very well, and thus has been under my bed gathering dust. Now it has a purpose in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment